We have put together our Poll Posting Guidelines to ensure that WhichOne is an engaging and safe community for everyone. Our overarching goal is to promote the creation of high-quality and meaningful Polls that help people make decisions and spark meaningful discussions while discouraging the creation of spammy and low-quality Polls. Here’s a breakdown of our Poll Posting Guidelines:
- Polls must not contain hate speech toward any individual or group of individuals.
- Polls must not encourage illegal or degenerative activities, where legality is determined by the jurisdiction of the State of California in the United States.
- Polls must not compare people, religions, ethnicities, sexual orientations, or any other group in a hateful or superficial manner. A comparison between people for a specific purpose is permitted. For example, you are not allowed to post a picture of two individuals and ask “Who is better looking?” but you may post two individuals wearing the same suit and ask “Who’s a better model for this suit?”, which could be useful for a modeling agency or eCommerce site, thus fulfilling a specific purpose.
- Polls must not contain nudity, whether that is digitally created or photographed. Nudity in photos of paintings and sculptures is permitted.
- Polls must be phrased in a question format. Instead of “Pick a shirt.”, please phrase your question as “Which shirt would you pick?” If you believe the pictures don’t require a question to accompany them, simply ask “Which one?”
- Whenever possible, Polls should contain images taken by the user. This promotes personal, meaningful questions and discourages posting generic questions from pictures that were copied or collected from the internet. You may use copied or collected pictures from the internet if they better serve your purpose but you are responsible for ensuring that they do not violate the intellectual property rights of another party.
Any violation of our Poll Posting Guidelines is subject to removal of the Poll without any warning and based on the severity of the offense, may also lead to a temporary or indefinite suspension of the account from our platform. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines or want to appeal a Poll that was removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and the title of the Poll in question.
If you find a Poll that you believe violates our Poll Posting Guidelines, please report it from the More Options (“…”) Menu on the Poll itself and one of our moderators will promptly review it and take necessary action. Thank you for keeping WhichOne an engaging and safe community for everyone!